Sunday, June 26, 2022

Has anyone dealt with unintentional weight loss after trying to lose? And mixed feelings?

I was trying to lose weight for a couple of months. I lost maybe four pounds because I couldn't stay consistent. Then I started a new (very stressful) job and I completely lost sight of any weight loss goals and stopped paying any attention to what I was eating (more on this later). Then I went to the doctor after a couple months at this new job and the nurse was briefly concerned because I had lost like 17lbs without trying to. That's not a crazy amount to lose in that time period, I know, but considering I had been steadily gaining for the last six years? Kinda significant.

Could just be that I'm moving my body more. But it could be stress. I've been taking notice of my eating habits more lately and realizing I eat 1-2 meals on days I work, and these meals are not bigger to compensate for the meal or two I'm missing every day. I'm not starving myself; I always eat when hungry, and it's usually shitty, fatty food. I genuinely just don't get hungry much anymore.

And then, recently, I messed up my jaw. I know I'm grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw a lot lately from stress, and my disordered TMJ finally gave up, gave out, and made eating significantly painful 100% of the time. My issue isn't one that can be treated without surgery so I'm stuck like this for a bit. Sometimes the pain just isn't worth it and I give up on a meal after a couple of bites. I will grab a protein drink or something to substitute only some of the time.

So I'm losing weight. I can't be mad about that. I'm officially back in the "overweight" category for BMI instead of obese and this is exciting. But I'm not super well. My hair seems to be falling out more, my abdomen hurts, I'm tired and miserable. This isn't sustainable. I'm not building lifelong habits that will keep me healthy. I feel guilty.

And then I have already gotten one comment (from my mom) about the weight loss and so I've already had the experience of wondering why Sick/Stressed Me looks better than Normal Me.

submitted by /u/Elimeh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qdf2hNV

No comments:

Post a Comment