Monday, June 27, 2022

I want to start a weight loss journey but I’m not sure how (discussion/help)

I’m 18 F, 5’3, and I’m about 200 pounds. Every year I gradually gain weight and for the longest time I’ve felt very self conscious about my body and how I look. I want to lose weight but I’m not sure how or where to start.

At the start of the year I had gotten a membership with the YMCA but I always felt very uncomfortable going. I just felt so fat and everyone in this gym was already skinny/ muscular. This gym was also by my school so it made it even more uncomfortable when I saw girls from school because they would stare at me and I felt very judged. I would go work out,lose about 5 lbs, but then gain it back in a week. Eventually my aunt had to cancel our membership because it was too expensive.

I’ve thought about how I can lose weight and I thought about something I could do but I wanted to come here to see if it would be safe to do. I would have to drink more water than normal, no sodas and less sugar (candy,ice cream, etc). I like to walk and I have a pretty long driveway. I thought about walking for an hour with a little bit of jogging. I also thought of doing sets of workouts every hour or every few hours.

So for example I could make up a list of 10 squats, 10 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, then do those sets of workouts every 2 or 4 hours. I want to do workouts that will help me burn fat but I’m not certain what will help that doesn’t require gym equipment. If anyone could give me advice on workouts and how to go on this weight loss journey it would be very appreciated.

submitted by /u/LydiaDeetz15
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fW1Jhm4

No comments:

Post a Comment