Tuesday, June 28, 2022

At 42 I’m today no longer obese!

So I’ve been obese for most of my life, since I was 14 and it wasn’t until my daughter came along two years ago when I finally had to change.

15 months ago I weighed 365lbs/ 165kg and today I’m 180lbs/ 81kg. In this time I’ve been losing around 1kg a week, a little more at the start and a little less towards the end. And I’ve been able to lose 185lbs/ 84kg, over half of my weight!

My trigger point for losing the weight was struggling walking in my living room getting my 1 year old to sleep. I didn’t have the strength to carry her without being exhausted. That was when I knew I had to change.

I managed a CICO diet, making sure to not drop below my BMR. I would have one “cheat” meal a week which was just 200-300 more calories in a day, which can help with maintaining weight loss for extended periods when compared to static daily calorie intake.

6 months into my weight loss I started walking and a month later I started going to the gym for weight lifting daily. My weight lifting has improved but mainly as much weight as I’ve lost.

I even picked up some contact lenses and shaved my beard. I’ve walked past people I know in the street and they don’t even recognise me. I really am a changed man.

I didn’t know it would be possible to lose the weight in my 40s. I thought you had to do it before 30, but it’s 100% possible. I’ve never felt this great in my life, it has truly changed my life around more than I could have imagined.

If you’re starting your weight loss journey, I hope you stick with it and keep on managing it. Some days it feels pointless and others it feels like nothing will change, but it does and it will, you just need a little persistence and patience.

submitted by /u/HairyScotsman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pDvu6iB

No comments:

Post a Comment