Thursday, June 16, 2022

People is funny when they start to notice your weight loss

(Sorry for the possible mistakes,english is not my mother tongue)

After the,seemengly inevitable, pandemic weight gain I, like a lot of other people, experiencied, finally, this past January I managed to get ahold of myself and start to go back on track to make,slowly but firmly,changes to try to return to a healthier life style.

I don't consider what I am doing a diet,just sustanible eating habits that hopelly will last. This means planning my weekly meals to make them balanced and cooking meal prep and batch cooking so the days I am too tired when I got home I don't have the excuse to go for a frozen pizza. Gladly,I love cooking,so this isn't much of a struggle. I still eat little treats daily and I don't deny myself anything,but I try to be mindfull about it. For eg. I want to try this new ice cream flavor,I ask a coworker if want to share because I just want a bite,or I want coke,I buy myself a 1/2 litre bottle and make 2,3 sips that satisfy my carving and return it to the fridge,usually it lasts for a week.(btw,since I started to plan meals I have less sweet carving,I guess is because I am eatig more fruit too)

Exercice have been tricker,I started with using the stairs instead of the elevator and going once a week to aquagym. Then I got myself a fit ball and used it 5/10 minutes daily. Finally I found some indoor walking workouts that did the trick,I started with 2,3 days a week,just 10 minutes workout, and right now I am doing them almost daily because I really enjoy them,I actually look forward to the time of the day I will do them. Right now I am hitting the 3h weekly exercice without effort.

Since the beggining of the year I lost 10kg (around 22lb I think) and people who didn't know about it are starting to notice.

The funny thig is they think I've lost them suddenly,like,in the last month. And I am like, no,I am lucky if I manage 2kg in a month...

Yesterday a regular at the restaurant where I work,who is an old lady asked me what I am eating and her daughter chiped in saying "I bet you are eating just salads and fish,is what people who lose weight always eats" and I was like....no...and explained that yes,I am eating vegetables,but also all kinds of meat and fish, rice and pasta,but mostly legumes (this really seemed to mind blogging them). The old lady finished with a "well,you have already lost enough, so stop it already" like a command. Uh...no...I am still 10 more kg overweight...but I didn't bother to tell her that and just told her I am going to just continue eating as I should.

Just wanted to share,because this happened yesterday and I found it kinda of funny. I thought nowadays people didn't have the "you need to starve yourself to lose weight" mindset anymore...

submitted by /u/Raionbuta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rjtuXyk

No comments:

Post a Comment