Thursday, June 23, 2022

“Zombies, Run” encouraged me to go on runs - gamefication of exercise and weight loss

I’ve struggled with my weight for years and now finally have been able to loss weight - first using Noom and then just doing calorie counts on the free MFP. Although I think I’ve gotten the food intake CICO issue out of the way, I absolutely hated repetitive exercises. Making exercise “enjoyable” or at the very least, not boring, has been super hard. I recently rediscovered “running” by using this story base running app. You follow a storyline where you’re dropped into a zombie apocalypse and you’re literally being chased by zombies when you slow down too much. As I’m doing more runs, I get pick up supplies to build up my civilization. I’ve literally gone on runs everyday just because I wanted to buy a plot of land for my home base in the app. In addition, I get tremendous pleasure seeing the number of miles I can do per run increase slowly and my pace speed up! Clearly the gamefication of exercise of weight loss has helped me a lot in this long journey- have y’all figured out other ways to make your journey “fun”?

Disclaimer: written on mobile so forgive me for errors.

submitted by /u/sadphdbro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8smgD43

No comments:

Post a Comment