Wednesday, June 22, 2022

If you're a snacker, this might help

I've discovered a hack of kinds during my last year of weight loss, and perhaps it may help you if you're a snacker. I boredom snack, often on non-work days if I'm not constantly busy. I used to have a meal for lunch, then dinner. I never eat breakfast except on rare occasions, never have and its not part of my weight loss plan. When I'm a work, I take lots of little things rather than a meal. I don't have a set time for lunch, I run a busy branch alone so it's a case of grab a bite when I can. Sometimes on busy days, I end up bringing everything back home with me and my day unintentionally becomes OMAD.

This is great, and I never overeat on my work days. But when I'm not working, I struggle with staying on goal because of the boredom snacking between meals, no matter how filling and volumizing my lunch was.

I realised I need to adopt my work day behaviour during non work days, and instead of a lunch meal, have prepared what I take to work instead. This way I'm still snacking, but the snacks are actually just my lunch spread out over the day. Here's what I typically eat during a work day :

2x boiled eggs 1 x apple 1 x satsuma 1 x banana 15g each of cashews and roasted almonds 100g chicken breast (I eat it either whole or cubed)

Sometimes I'll have a greek yoghurt but I haven't added that here

658 cals, 54g carbs, 30g fat, 44g protein

This leaves a sizeable amount of calories to eat for my main meal, which is when I'm the hungriest, and because I'm grazing in the afternoon, it keep me satisfied with smaller portions more often and I'm able to stick to my goal waaaay easier.

Hopefully this approach might also benefit any snackers out there

submitted by /u/thatpeskyrabbit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GmnvBie

No comments:

Post a Comment