Sunday, June 26, 2022

I hate how much I love Apple Fitness+

This is not an ad, I am just a person who uses basically all Apple products and this is recent happenstance that has been truly life changing for my health/fitness/weight loss journey. When Apple Fitness+ first came out, I looked at it and thought “that’s stupid, why would I pay $10 a month for workout videos when they are literally free on YouTube. No. Way.” Recently, my old series 2 Apple Watch wasn’t holding a charge as well so I decided to replace it. I got a new watch, and it came with a free 3 month trial of Apple Fitness+. I am always trying to stay active, but it’s a challenge for me. I am admittedly a lazy person. I decided to try it out and started with dance workouts. I LOVED it. I have no coordination and have never been good at dancing, and while I am sure I look like a fool the workouts are helping me connect to my body, feel more comfortable with moving my body, and even are helping my confidence. After a few of those, I decided one day to try the mindful cooldown after. I know it’s cheesy, but the stretching followed by breathing and some positive affirmations really do make me feel connected to myself.

Couple other things I want to highlight that Apple Fitness+ is doing for me that YouTube videos don’t: - Categories: last night my sister and I had wine and stayed up pretty late dancing and doing some karaoke. I was pretty tired and sluggish today from a fun late night. I knew I didn’t have the motivation to do a 30 min dance workout today. So, I went to the yoga category and did 10 min of yoga to engage my muscles and get myself ready for some cardio. Then I did a 20 min dance workout, and then I did a 10 min mindful cooldown with stretching, breathing, and affirmations. It totally kicked my tired/sluggish feeling and it didn’t feel like something I had to FORCE myself to do. Having easy options, where I can preview the workout, and see the music really caters to all the different moods I go through on a day to day basis. - Workout preview and music preview. As mentioned above, you can watch a short preview video and you can also view the playlist for the workout. I am very motivated by music, so getting to see what songs will play is awesome for me because it really sets my mood. Sometimes with YouTube I pick something but I don’t really like the music and I don’t feel as engaged. - AirPlay to Apple TV. I use an Apple TV, so I stream the workouts to my TV. When I first saw that it shows my heart rate, calories burned, and time through the workout I thought oh gosh this awful, this is just going to make me count down the minutes till I’m finally done. It was the complete opposite, I love it. Seeing my heart rate right there on my TV makes me more aware when my energy is going down and my heart rate is starting to a lower a bit. I know immediately pick it up! Keep up your energy! Maximize this workout! - Consistent trainers in each area. I honestly love all the trainers! The 3 for dance are SO FUN! I don’t even know if there is one I like better, but I do feel like their workouts vary on the type of moves (Ben sure likes body roles) so I can choose a certain trainer if I am feeling a certain type of workout.

I can’t wait to keep exploring their videos and options! I have closed all my rings every single day since I started using this trial. I feel excited to pick a workout and get some activity in for the day. Nothing has ever motivated me this way, and I truly hate how much I love because I guess I will start paying $10 a month when this trial ends. I’m glad the trial is 3 months, because I have time to see if the motivation and excitement with it holds long term. But I just wanted to share if anyone else out there is struggling to find something that works for them. It’s not even 4PM and I have closed all my rings… it’s just unbelievable how much this silly little app has helped me.

submitted by /u/luckylua
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nYzicN

No comments:

Post a Comment