Friday, June 24, 2022

Friendly reminder to take PICTURES!

https://imgur.com/a/gOj1Cwk

I have taken countless "before" pictures, only for them to be deleted because they ended up being "before.. I gained even more weight" or because I felt so disgusted with even having those pictures of myself exist.

However, this is my one and only, true, before picture, at my heaviest: around 94 kg./207 lbs. (I am 168 cm./5'6). The second picture I took today at the gym, I am around 78 kg./172 lbs. So, around a 16 kg./35 lbs. difference. It may not look like there is that amount of difference, but I am trying to do a body recomp (lose fat, gain muscle at the same time).

After feeling like I look the same as I did in the beginning of my weight loss journey for weeks now, seeing that photo really reminded me that I have come far and inspired me to keep going!

This is a reminder to take a before photo (or several) no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel. I know for myself the camera was my absolute biggest enemy, but having those photos to look back on when you think you have made no/little progress is priceless.

I still have a way to go, I want to lose more fat and continue to build more muscle!

Also a reminder to be kind to yourself. I wish I had been kinder to my heavier self, because I deserved self care and love no matter how I looked.

Also, thank you loseit community for all the motivation and inspiration, I have been a long time lurker hehe

P.S. sorry if I have made any mistakes in my post, this is my first time posting on reddit

submitted by /u/elikarraj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TXYABzd

No comments:

Post a Comment