Friday, June 10, 2022

Substitute for stress-eating

Hi Reddit! I am trying to start the long journey of weight loss and better health. One of my biggest downfalls is stress eating. I have a very low stress threshold. When I hit a breaking point, I'll go to the pantry and stuff what ever is nearest into my face. Crackers are a favorite, and you could suggest that I not buy those or other snacks, but honestly I'll turn anything into a snack, even if it's not that tasty, even a piece of plain bread.

I've tried to think of things that could be substitutes for stress-eating, but honestly, I don't have time in the moment for a lot of them, such as meditation, walking outside, etc, because I have a 4-year-old with special needs and I can't often step away for something like that when I need to. I'd love to make myself a nice cup of tea and savor it instead of stress eating, but even that doesn't work, because by the time I can enjoy it, it's gone cold.

What are some alternatives to stress eating? I know I could train myself to overcome those urges, but something that gives me instant gratification would help in the moment.

submitted by /u/LittleRoundPika
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yOjd2DG

No comments:

Post a Comment