Sunday, June 19, 2022

Starting over again

Hi all, I'm 27nb, 5'8", 254 pounds, and back into weight loss again. I've always struggled with overeating and binging but it's gone too far. A few years ago I was struggling with my gender and went very restrictive with binge/ purge cycles. I went from 228 to 160 and lost 68 pounds. I was almost at a healthy weight for the first time in my life. Clothes looked good, I could see my ribs, my collarbone were so defined, I didn't have thigh chafing. But I looked so unhealthy. I lost hair, my face was gaunt, I had bluish fingernails, I was always dizzy, my body always hurt. I ended up binging like crazy and gained 100 pounds in less than a year. I want to get back to that 160 pounds but in a healthy way.

I have accepted I'm addicted to sugar and have successfully stayed off added sugar (minus the 2g in my multigrain bread) for 2.5 months. I lost some weight (265 was my absolute highest) but I keep overeating the sugar free foods. Not as much but I still feel stuck in the cycle. My husband 24m is very supportive and also wants to lose weight with me. He's gone sugar free with me too.

I want to eat better and feel better. My last straw was a very painful, thick, raised rash on my inner thighs from chafing at work. It's very hot and I'm running around all day. It hurts to walk, to have my thighs touch. I had to buy diaper rash cream and I remembered I didn't have this issue when I lost weight. I don't have to deal with this.

I want to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way. I also started seeing a therapist for food, gender, and life issues. This is just my introduction. I've lurked off and on but never had the guts to stay. I'm trying to find a vegetarian meal plan that isn't too restrictive and make sustainable goals.

submitted by /u/crossroadscoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FLPRcsa

No comments:

Post a Comment