Friday, June 24, 2022

NSV: In-laws visiting and shopping trip

I was expecting this week to be a bit poor weight loss wise. Having bunch of family events, so we've got celebrations and meals out, I wasn't expecting to stick to my deficit on quite few of the days. I accepted it, because life happens and that's ok and I will be getting back on track after. And I mentally prepared for results on the scale to not be great.

But actually couple of positive things happened.

My in-laws are visiting because of the family events, and last time we saw each other was August last year, just before I started working on my weight. As soon as my mother in law entered the house she said I look good, which I just taken as usual pleasantries. But later when I was out of earshot she apparently spoke to my husband asking if I've been trying to lose weight, cause she thought it was quite noticeable, but didn't want to say too much to me without knowing that was the case. Husband confirmed and later told me about the conversation.

Since I've been struggling to see progress it feels quite nice that someone who previously seen me at my SW can really see the difference now.

Second thing that happened was clothes. Normally I'd only buy from dedicated plus size brands and ranges cause otherwise just couldn't fit. But my stuff has been getting loose, I ordered a couple things online from a shop that doesn't do plus size, and while I still had to go for a 'Large' it was smaller than any of my other items and fit me well. Today we went to a shopping centre and I walked into a 'regular' clothes shop instead of my usual plus size one, and was able to get a nice blouse. Again 'large' which was their largest size, but previously going into a store like that would just be a disappointment and embarrassment.

So here's a progress pic of me from summer last year (poor quality cause I was avoiding pics) and me today In my new blouse feeling somewhat confident:

https://imgur.com/a/uLOObTt

And hopefully this will be extra fuel for me to keep going after this week.

submitted by /u/finallyMorgan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JhMGc0Y

No comments:

Post a Comment