Thursday, June 16, 2022

How can I exercise without my family really seeing ?

EDIT: Wanted to say thanks very much for all the friendly advice since I can’t reply to every comment :) I was feeling pretty down about how to make this a lowkey thing, and now I have tons of things to look into!!!

So… longer explanation/rant under here, lol, I’d kinda love to know if anyone relates.

But I kinda need to avoid my family having the opportunity to make comments about my exercising, for reasons listed below.

I would love to lift weights or do a workout video but I have no idea where I’d do that. I am thinking about some kind of exercise class but, is that really a thing ?

TLDR: What do you do to exercise ? If nothing else, will it be enough exercise for me to simply walk around my neighborhood in the morning?

Anddddd… then onto the rant lol.

So I really hate the way my family makes a big deal out of my weight loss journey. I’ve politely explained to them that when they constantly congratulate me on exercising or eating healthily, it makes me feel like it’s an exception to the rule. Like I’m unhealthy and it’s super noteworthy that I’m exercising. I want it to feel normal. Simply a normal part my routine. I’ve been trying to curb my habits forever and I keep getting comments.

I know it’s meant well! But I politely shut it down every single time it happens because it makes me so uncomfortable. It makes exercising feel like a chore because I can’t stop hearing about how AWESOME and GROUNDBREAKING it is that I’m making good choices. It makes me feel like I’m a failure when I don’t consistently go and they can see it. And then the comments start up when I do it again. I need to feel like this is part of myself, not like I’m a fat fuck and it’s so incredibly awesome that I’m moving!

Again, I know they mean well, they know it’s been hard, but how fucking long can you be shocked that I’ve adjusted my habits? It’s been like two years and I’ve lost a hundred pounds…………….

submitted by /u/alrighteyaphrodite
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WXxbGZ1

No comments:

Post a Comment