Sunday, June 26, 2022

My thoughts after finally sticking to a new life-style. Over 60lbs lost. 60 remaining. Now in bullet point forms!

Disclaimer: This worked for ME. It's my journey after cycling between every diet regime available (keto, high-carb, paleo, calorie counting etc..) And finally, feeling confident that I landed on something that is my new reality.

1.- I got rid of the scarcity mindset. I wasn't successful at Keto because I would immediately want carbs. I would catch myself researching for Keto Pancakes when I didn't even eat regular pancakes that much. It's like a rebel teen, "oh I can't do that?? well, now I want do it." That helped me a lot in establishing a healthy relationship with food.

2.-Anchored my weight loss journey on money-saving. Not on girls, looks, health, but money. I used to eat a LOT outside. No more, Now I permit myself to eat out like 2 to 3 times per week. Down from the 15, I used to do. (yeah, that bad)

3.-Air fryers...buy one! Is not necessary but it has helped me a lot. French fries are my weaknesses now I can have them and save myself 200 kcals per serving.

4.- I walk a lot. It's my meditation, my form of therapy, and my mental health check. Weight loss is just an added benefit.

5.- I do intermittent fasting. I'm the first one to say, IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE. Especially if you're prone to extreme dieting, had ED's disorders, etc.. I stay away from doing 2 or multiple days' fasts. I started with:

16-8 for the very first 21 lbs. 18-6 for the other 21. 20-4 for the other 21.

And you can guess where I'm going. I talked it about with my Dr. and did it under his guidance. So, please be mindful if you suddenly have the urge to do it, and be wary of multiple days fasts proponents who don't have the credentials to do so. Going to land on an 18-6 regime as maintenance, after I'm done.

Realizations:

1.- My food addiction resulted from my anxiety. I ate every time I was anxious and replaced that feeling with water or gum.

2.- Calorie counting is where its at.

3.-Beware of calories burned calculators. As I said, I walk a lot and typically the calculator says that I burn around 1500 kcals per my 20k steps. I'm 6'2 but I don't trust those numbers. So, I slice that number in half and that's my baseline.

4.- Time doesn't exist in terms of weight loss. Nobody is waiting for you, nobody actually cares that much (and that's not a bad thing) 5 years will pass whether we like it or not, and when you look back, you will think..."whoa, it was almost like a whisper." So, just one day at a time. You got this, no matter the circumstances that got you here, YOU ARE HERE. And taking just one step is all it takes.

thanks for reading

submitted by /u/Frankocean2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Vi6GesC

No comments:

Post a Comment