Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The junk food is not going anywhere: you don't HAVE to eat it.

I've been struggling a lot with junk cravings, which is the reason why it took me 3 entire years to go from 73 to 57kg - I simply couldn't resist Mcdonald's and cake whenever it was offered by my family. I've slightly changed my diet now by forcing myself to have stuff I wouldn't have before (avocado, chicken breast, oranges... Healthy things that I'd dismiss to eat high-cal stuff on low quantity for weight loss.), and it's much easier now, I'm still losing, faster.

But, I also thought long and hard about why I was addicted to junk food. And I think that in a way, seeing so much junk food advertised all the time (especially LiMitEd EdiTion) makes it feel like an obligation. You're at a party, someone brings pizza, the occasion just makes you feel forced to have it even though you didn't want it in the first place. You pass by a bakery and see your favorite tart; quick, you rush to buy a slice.

And it's been an extreme relief for me to realize that there is no rush. The junk food you like so much has been around for 50 years or more, and it's not going anywhere. Your comforting chocolate bars or muffins will always be available when you and your body are ready to have them, but it's not right now. Don't fall for the trap of super fit influencers who tell you to "just have those cheat meals if you crave them, as long as the rest of your diet is stable" - no, I'd say that only applies to people who have reached their main goals, and are otherwise very strict about their healthy/sporty lifestyle. Eating low cal in general and having junk food whenever you crave it sounds like a dream, but it's a dream that has to wait. These people had to go through a long period of strict low cal and getting used to exercising before they could allow themselves junk (and even then, they don't go overboard, there's no such thing as "as many cheat meals as I want" without becoming unhealthy).

I personally have 5 or 6 more kilos to go! And it works well to tell myself that until then, I'm just not ready for that slice of cake, but it's okay, it's waiting for me. So I don't wanna jump on every craving I have anymore, and it's liberating.

submitted by /u/Bulkybeech
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xBKIgji

No comments:

Post a Comment