Friday, June 10, 2022

I lost almost 60 pounds and now people are asking me 'how did you do it?'. Honestly, i don't know!

Hi, I'm 23F, 5 foot 5 or 168 cm, currently 174.4 lbs as of this morning. My heaviest (after 3 pregnancies 3 years in a row) being 232 lbs. I have been overweight for almost 10 years, wow writing it down thats depressing. Anywho, I've lost a significant amount of weight and now people are asking me how i did it. I'm not going to lie i didn't change much and i don't know how to explain that to people without sounding like the worlds biggest douche. I tried vegan alternatives and explored what i liked and didn't like, I can't afford juice since healthy foods are so damned expensive, that and an 8th sounds alot better than fruit punch. I don't drink alcohol regularly, nor do i drink pop/soda. I gained about 50 pounds because of my pregnancies and now im finally back to my pre baby weight. I started my journey in November 2019 when i took a photo of myself wearing what i thought were cute parachute pants. (they fit like leggings ffs). I told myself that this is it, this is the beginning of the real weight loss journey. In all honesty all i've done is start yoga and all standing workouts (i was consistent for the first few months then stopped working out all together out of laziness). I really focused on what i ate, lean meats, veggies and alot of rice. I've been adding more fish to my diet which is something i've never done before. I watch alot of Luke Narwal and My thoughts will probably offend you, videos to keep my mindset in check, and will sometimes walk in place for the duration of it.
Going back to the title, i don't know what to tell people when they ask "what did you do". In all honesty i can't say, i don't know how i've lost so much weight because i haven't been consistent with working out, i don't limit my food options, and yes ma'am i will have a second bowl of ice cream thank you very much. I feel like a jackass when i say what i did to loose weight cause its not ONE thing, its an accumulation of several different factors. Exploring vegan alternatives, yoga, standing workouts, dance breaks while cooking dinner to entertain my kids, walking in place alot, running in place sometimes, i had a phase where i did 50 squats first thing in the morning but that lasted a month or so. I can't simply tell people "well i went completely vegan" cause thats a damned lie, i can't tell people "i ate super healthy and worked out consistently" cause thats also a lie.
What can i tell people? How can i tell them what i did without sounding like im reciting the bible. It's not just one thing, its a combination of trial and error and generally eating better than i used to and moving more. But that sounds so generic and i get the "that can't be it, i've been trying for years". Like at this point i don't talk about my weight loss much to anyone other than my kids father/bestie. He simply listens and says "i'm proud of you and i hope youre proud of yourself". Does anyone have a simple phrase i could say or should i bible anyone who asks?
Thank you for reading if you've made it this far, and to feed your curiosity my goal weight is anywhere between 132 lbs and 110. May you all reach your goal weights in sustainable and healthy ways, may you guys find the confidence and happiness you've been searching for along your journey. Blessed be everyone and Merry meet!

submitted by /u/Neededanametocomment
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RpekYh2

No comments:

Post a Comment