Saturday, June 11, 2022

Do I have body dysmorphia?

I'm 19, female, 5'6 and 135 pounds. About a two months ago I went for a consultation with a trainer and took a BMI test, I was told that I am overweight, And since then I felt like all this work I put in was for nothing, I feel like a disgusting fatass and it has absolutely ruined my relationship with food. I've absolutely dreaded eating and when I do eat I look in the mirror and immediately notice that I have gotten bigger. When I am not working, I spend time working out and jogging, and a lot of time checking the mirror to see if I haven't gotten fat. My obsession with weight loss has grown over the past 2 months. And I feel like as much as I work out, watch my eating, fast and live an active lifestyle I just can't loose weight, I stay at around 130-135 lbs. I honestly thought that the weight loss journey would be quick, easy and unnoticeable, but now my family and friends are telling me I have an issue and I need to see a counselor because they think I have body dysmorphia. Now I'm in a sort of paradox because I cannot tell if they are lying and telling me I'm not fat when I am. Or if I'm actually not fat and I'm just driving myself crazy. Regardless of what I do, it's never enough in my mind...

submitted by /u/Helpful_Bunch9104
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UO7SLpZ

No comments:

Post a Comment