Friday, August 5, 2022

I started committing to my calorie goal 100%, and I'm feeling really great about it.

I've never had problems with a low calorie lifestyle. My main problem is that I'm a "pleasure eater". I eat to feel good, and I enjoy food too much. A good healthy meal satisfies me, but sometime I crave fast food more. I overeat for the sole reason that I want to taste different kinds of food in one sitting. Sometimes I eat a whole meal, then I realise that's not what I wanted to eat, it didn't fulfill me so I go eat again. That's pretty much the whole reason I'm still overweight.

I slowly relapsed into this life after a very shitty month 2 years ago. So now, it's especially hard to unlearn all of this. I had a 21 day streak this year but after that I just stopped and started eating a lot again

I'm also a very competitive person. I make a challenge out of everything, even weight loss. I always try to undershoot my daily calorie goal by a couple of hundred kcals, just because I like the feeling of accomplishment when I see the "360 calories remaining" text before going to sleep. This worked well before, but I still need some time before I can comfortably do that again.

I've been dieting again for a bit over 2 weeks now and it's been a lot more inconsistent than before. But that made me think about my cravings, and how I approach this whole thing. I hate that I relapsed. I could pretty much almost be at my goal weight by now. So I had to find a way to keep everything at bay. I'm bad at self control, so instead, I found a way to just "moderately" give into these food cravings

Instead of being proud of myself for eating less, and losing weight faster, I'm using my leftover calories to treat myself. I'll have some extra fries with my lunch, I'll go eat an ice cream if I want to etc... This is the second day I left my room at midnight to eat a piece of toast with cheese. And I'm still on track, and still not going over my daily goal. I'm 5 kilos down already.

This might not be the most effective (or healthy) way to lose weight, but sometimes you need to make some sacrifices. I don't always have to overachieve, sometimes I can sit back and be fine with what I'm given. I might have to do something about this later, when I'm thinner, but if this stops me from relapsing again after 21 days, then I've no problem with doing it for now.

submitted by /u/Szabi90000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QCUXS7o

No comments:

Post a Comment