Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Doctors always glare at me when I say I am trying to lose weight.

I am overweight. This is an objective fact. I am short and supposed to weigh 115lbs. I want to weigh 130lbs. I currently weigh 155lbs, and I used to weigh 180lbs. The problem is, I look good. I looked good at 180lbs and I look good now. But I don't look like I used to.

I see doctors a lot because I have a number of health and mental problems. I see some sort of professional 3 to 4 times a month. Many of the problems I'm dealing with can be improved with weight loss, which is the sole reason I want to lose weight.

The drop from 180lbs to 160lbs was easy. Just not being depressed worked. But at this point I have to work for it. And I am! But when I tell doctors my goal is losing weight they glare at me and one even said "you're not overweight" even though she never took my weight (it's not normal to weigh patients at every visit in my country).

I am overweight. All because I look good doesn't mean I feel good. I'd stay this size forever if I wasn't in so much pain. When I was fit and very skinny I wasn't in nearly as much pain, I didn't have acid reflux, I could move easily, and my blood pressure didn't plummet every time I ate bread.

I know this is a dumb non issue but I wanted to share both because it's funny and also because it's a little annoying.

submitted by /u/Little_Kimmy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cVWi2XU

No comments:

Post a Comment