Thursday, November 3, 2022

Honest Question: Does anyone else dislike talking about their "journeys" with friends?

My friends are all on various "journeys." Weight loss journeys, fitness journeys, health journeys, wellness journeys, etc etc. They all have different names for their "journeys" but it's all the same thing: lose weight, exercise, drink less alcohol. They all have varying degrees of success, but they can't seem to stop talking about their "journeys." They're very encouraging of everyone and their own individual "journeys" and are all very very supportive.

Personally, I don't like telling people that I'm trying to lose weight. That I'm keeping sober. That I get over 10k steps in most days. I feel like it's very personal. And I (personally) hate using the word "journey" for this kind of thing. I'm not a Hobbit venturing across Middle Earth, ok? I'm just doing my thing. If they want to call their thing a "journey" then ok fine. You do you. But I personally don't like talking about my thing. And I personally feel uncomfortable when EVERYONE in the group is talking about their "journeys." And I feel very uncomfortable when people bring up my "journey" and tell me that I'm doing so good on my "journey" and want to talk about my "journey." It's PERSONAL. But people just want to talk about it, don't they??

Sorry for the rant..... I guess that's just part of my "journey" lol

submitted by /u/wontsettle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6jPwUI8

No comments:

Post a Comment