Sunday, November 6, 2022

Outrunning a bad diet

Hi! I'm new to loseit and weight loss in general and just had a question based on some comments I've seen here about how it's not possible to outrun a bad diet.

To my understanding, weight loss is pretty much an energy balance equation, where calories burned > calories consumed. If that's the case, why can't we outrun a "bad" (e.g., high-calorie) diet?

Quick example: yesterday was rough for me, diet-wise. I had two cupcakes, two pimento sandwiches, a 650-cal box of crackers, a bowl of watermelon, a bag of baby carrots, and a 400-cal tub of hummus...probably 3000 cals overall (for reference, I'm a 5'4 137lb 21yo F so my BMR is like 1350 lol and my TDEE probably isn't much higher). I then went on a long jog/walk and logged 12 miles at a 10:20 average pace, which I think burned 1000+ calories.

I woke up today not feeling heavier, and my scale actually showed a half-pound weight loss (water, I'm assuming). But my question is: isn't it possible to outrun a bad diet, as long as you're running off as many excess calories as you consume (more to lose weight)? Or is there something I'm missing?

submitted by /u/sy120
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oLaKCmN

No comments:

Post a Comment