Thursday, June 1, 2023

First Year of Maintenance Accomplsihed

So today marks my first full year of maintenance at my new weight. So three years ago now I started on this journey to get to a healthy weight a goal I reached last year in late May, and now here I am on June 1st the next year and I managed to maintain my weight so far. So excited to hit this new milestone and hope this will be something I can keep up for the rest of my life.

In terms of tips for maintenance, the only one I can really offer is what I decided to do at the end of my weight loss journey. What I decided to do was for my last ~15 pounds of my journey (about three months) I put my diet into a level I thought would work for maintenance and focused on significantly increasing my exercise to lose the last weight. This allowed me to have time to learn what maintenance would look like for me scaling back my exercise was a much less risky goal to me than relaxing my diet after I finished losing the weight. Overall I found it to be a helpful thing and having now navigated my way through holidays and ups and downs I found that it worked well for me. I also like that if I do see things increasing a little bit on the weight side I can counteract it with a bit of an up to my exercise routine and/or adjusting my diet a little bit.

Anyway, not a ton to share here, though feel free to ask any questions. I know I was very worried about my maintenance as I approached the end of my goal, hopefully this is a new me I can keep going for years to come.

submitted by /u/metfansc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PqaNDg7

No comments:

Post a Comment