Wednesday, August 30, 2023

22 Lbs down and feeling great!

I wanted to share my journey thus far with my weight loss. I don't know exactly when I started but it was about 2 months ago.

I guess I wanted to share this because I've accomplished this without adhering to a ridiculously strict diet. I did a few simple things that really added up for me fast.

1: I quit drinking every night. I was bad about indulging in alcohol nightly. I did this for about 4 years. When I started my attempt at losing this weight, I limited alcohol to 1 night a week. I enjoy having drinks with my friends and I found that if I could manage the urge and limit myself to one night a week it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. I feel like this is one of the biggest impacts on my overall well-being.

2: Completely cut out sugary drinks. For as long as I can remember I would drink either a coke or sweet tea with essentially every meal I ate. I eliminated both drinks from my diet. I drink coffee in the morning with 1 Tbsp of raw honey in the morning and nothing but water the rest of the day.

3: Limited carbs. Not keto or some crazy strict diet, but basically no breads, pasta, or anything super loaded with carbs. I occasionally indulge in fruits, pretty much blueberries or an occasional banana. I eat a lot of protein and vegetables. During this time red bell peppers have been my crutch. I love how they taste so they make a great high fiber, low calorie snack that leaves me feeling full. I'd basically say just eliminate the obvious bad culprits and super processed foods.

4: I allow myself rewards weekly to make this more sustainable. 1 night I allow myself to consume a few Modelo's, and 2 cheat meals throughout the week. Now I must say the key here is to not completely fall of the rails with these cheat meals. A cheat meal for me isnt 3000 calories in one sitting. It might be something as simple as eating a hamburger with a bun instead of just eating plain burger like I do during the week. Another cheat meal I love is anything Italian, preferably pizza or pasta. I simply try to eat small portions when I do cheat. I've found that if I chug a bottle of water before I cheat and eat the first half of the meal slow I feel full before I'm able to completely stuff my face.

I've went from 175 lbs to 153 lbs and I feel great. I know some of you probably think that 173 lbs isn't a bad weight but I had alot of unattractive fat and I didn't feel good. These small changes have increased my energy and well-being so much. My self confidence has also skyrocketed. I wanted to share this to show that you don't have to be miserable to accomplish weight loss by completely depriving yourself of foods you love. Treating yourself to rewards throughout your journey will help make it more sustainable in my opinion. But anyways that's all I wanted to share, I hope maybe this helps someone who is trying to reach a weight loss goal

submitted by /u/TheRealBlane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NHaoUsO

No comments:

Post a Comment