Friday, August 25, 2023

Words of encouragement?

(F28) SW: 260 CW: 230 GW: 125

I'm FINALLY down 30 pounds as of 2 weeks ago after a YEAR of weight loss.

Here's the thing. 30 pounds means halfway to my pre-covid weight

So 30 more pounds to get to the point where I look "normal" again.

and 105 more pounds to go.

Before I lost 30 pounds, I was in a place of just doing one little bit of weight at a time, letting go, surrendering the outcome, and letting myself get excited about the little wins along the way.

Now that I'm 30 pounds down, I've started thinking about my end game again, and what I looked like at 170, at 125 and realized I probably won't be all that happy with my body until I'm at 170. Which is 60 pounds away. And knowing that it took me a year to get there isn't exactly reassuring.

I just turned 28, and I don't want to have spent my entire 20's overweight. (I was 125 my junior year of HS, 145 my senior year in 2014, and I've been steadily gaining weight since). And I did have an 8 month plateau period in the year I've been losing weight. This definitely helps me feel better, because I know I can maintain the weight loss status quo relatively consistently now.

So I guess I'm a little caught in my shit right now, overthinking about what I look like, overthinking about how long it could take to get there, and could just use some words of encouragement to keep pushing and stay in that place of "one day at a time"--any helpful words of wisdom or ways that you learned to cope. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Accomplished_Sail326
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jUT1FeK

No comments:

Post a Comment