Tuesday, August 29, 2023

How to avoid sugary drinks?

[5’7” Male, SW: 225, CW: 220, GW:155]

Hello everyone,

I know this question is probably asked daily but I couldn’t find it through the top posts or else I would’ve read the threads there but I’m trying to start my weight loss journey (well I have and lost about 5 pounds already) and I have been able to stay within my deficit calorie range but I can’t lay off sugary drinks.

When I did the weight loss calculator for my life style, height, weight etc, it said maintaining would be 2700, so I chose to dip to 2200 so I wouldn’t go insane, but the thing is that I drink about 400-600 calories of just drinks a day (soda typically). Meaning I’m really eating between 1600-1800 calories a day.

I am at college without a kitchen so it’s not anything as simple as “don’t buy soda” because I’m not actively purchasing it, it’s available at the dining hall and my stupid self can’t resist it.

I can technically stay on this trajectory since i’m still in the range but I feel better when drinking water but for some reason, my mind just craves soda and nothing works to solve it like carbonated water, sugar free drink flavorings/juices, chewing gum etc and I could technically dip to 2000 calories a day to lose weight a bit quicker if I stopped without feeling like i’m starving as i’ve honestly been feeling good with just 1600 as I’m a shorter guy.

Please let me know if you all have a unique way of kicking this habit or if I just need to force it until I don’t crave it

submitted by /u/Aspiring___
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/juDCAkp

No comments:

Post a Comment