Saturday, August 12, 2023

Need some beginner advice

So, I’m new to this whole weight loss thing. As in, “just learned what a calorie was” sort of new. I know, don’t judge me too hard. Growing up I was fairly athletic and didn’t really need to count them to stay in shape. Now that I’m an adult and in a sedentary desk job, I’ve gotten heavier over time.

I started counting my calories this week, and I’m eating about 500~1,000 over maintenance. Not great, I know. Next week I plan to eat at maintenance, and then reduce it week by week. Is this the right idea? I’m not entirely sure how much I should be reducing things by, just that I’m supposed to follow CICO, and not go lower than 1,300 or so. So many sources online say different things, so I’m getting overloaded by a lot of different information.

32M, 5’5”, 175 lbs., if that helps. I reinstated my gym membership and plan on doing cardio and weights every day as well. If there’s anything I’ve gotten wrong here, please let me know. I don’t want to make mistakes and have to unlearn something later.

submitted by /u/Bubbly_Egg1335
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wp7W48c

No comments:

Post a Comment