Wednesday, August 23, 2023

TDEE calculator vs Adaptive TDEE?

I actually forgot what made me look up TDEE stuff tonight but on different weight loss subreddits I saw people talking about adaptive TDEE spreadsheets instead of just using a TDEE calculator. Apparently the appeal is that allegedly the spreadsheet is more personalized and thus calculates your TDEE precisely instead of accurately. When I first decided I need to lose weight and posted my first post on here, people told me the TDEE calculator is all I would need. Don’t eat more than the 500 calorie deficit and you’re good to go to lose at least a pound each week. Now I’m hearing sort of the opposite since the spreadsheet could show that you’re eating too much when the calculator said that deficit was ok. So my predicament is: which do I follow? The TDEE calculator that says I’m allowed 1,834 per day, the Loseit! app that says 1,990, the My Fitness Pal that says 1,560 (all numbers calculated based on the fact I walk about 2 or 3 times per week for almost two hours each), or do I make the adaptive TDEE? The only issue with the spreadsheet is that frankly I don’t have the energy to do all that tracking every day, and it’s a spreadsheet, we all know the amount of different info those things hold in general, it’s exhausting just thinking about it lmao. What’s wrong with using the TDEE calculator if it happens to work for you? Especially when I don’t plan on eating practically two thousand calories per day and will likely stick with around 1500? Btw in case you’re wondering I’m 5’8 (practically 5’9), cisgendered male, currently 245 (scale says 240 but I don’t believe it, getting a new scale, it’s super old). My goal is to get to, at most, 180 pounds (at least 170) by preferably losing 2 pounds per week if possible.

submitted by /u/Bloody__Katana
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JCnxoFm

No comments:

Post a Comment