Saturday, August 19, 2023

Paranoid

I’m 16, soon 17 and have lost 70 pounds since October of 2021.

When I first started I told my mom that I was going to lose weight, and I told her happily when I lost 8 pounds. I updated my progress with her for a while.

My weight loss had been a little fast. The doctors took note of it by the time I had lost 40lbs and asked me questions, like if it was intentional, if I’m getting protein, calories per day, exercise, etc. Overall the doctor was alright with my goals.

The first doctor had my mom step out of the room and talked to me individually. Around 1-2 months later I went to the doctors for something unrelated to my weight but it was brought up by a different one. This doctor didn’t have my mom step out and was the complete opposite. Didn’t ask me my goals or anything, just how many calories I was eating and said that it was a bit low. She also asked if I threw up my food (I don’t, but was still in front of my mom). The calories were the same as what I told the previous doctor. My mom was shocked and said it was too low.

Since then I feel as if my mom has been watching over what I eat. I had already told her months ago I reached my goal. Anytime I’d go in the kitchen she’d be in there, always commenting on what I grab, and would sometimes complain about what I choose from the grocery store. I order about the same amount but all of a sudden it’s too expensive and if I get multiple of one thing she would ask why I got so many. She had never done this before. It makes me feel like I’m not free to eat in peace and I now grab less or only get food when she’s not near the kitchen so I don’t have to face her.

submitted by /u/OrbitRev
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/o56n3Qf

No comments:

Post a Comment