Thursday, August 17, 2023

The multiple phases of my weight loss journey

Each phase has lasted around 3 to 4 months, and I believe working with each phase is very helpful!!

Phase 1: sw 310, I was addicted to measuring and weighing my food. I logged everything I ate on the Lose it app, and that provided me a great understanding of the calories in each meal/snack! I also would binge watch weight loss videos, stalk reddit weight loss pages, listen to podcasts, eat healthy foods, and go on long walks. For these first few months, my entire life was dedicated to weight loss!

Phase 2: 270lbs at this stage, I was dealing with an illness, and was really just burnt out from meticulously counting my calories. I had completely stopped counting calories at this stage, stopped consuming weight loss content, stopped exercising, and stopped eating "healthy." During this phase, I still lost weight, but it was much slower. I believe this phase gave me the much needed break to continue my weight loss journey.

Phase 3: 250lbs-230lbs this stage is my current stage, and is probably in between the first two stages. I do count my calories, but only in my head. I no longer weigh food or track it on an app. I do exercise, but instead of long walks, I do about 15 minutes of strength training daily. I have started consuming weight loss content again, but certainly not at the level I started at. I have reincorporated healthier foods, such as fruits and vegetables back into my diet. This phase has been my favorite,and hopefully the phase I can stick with for life!

In previous years, my weight loss never went through phases, it was always an all or nothing mentality. I believe that I have been so successful this time because I have listened to my body, and brain, and adjusted my lifestyle as needed. Don't be scared to just maintain / slowly lose weight if you need that break. It is so worth it in my opinion!

submitted by /u/dogfanatics
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1bMWvQn

No comments:

Post a Comment