Tuesday, August 8, 2023

An update and a huge thank you

Hey there!

I posted on here a couple of days ago about how I am close to 600lbs and have felt hopeless on my weight loss journey. I just wanted to give everyone a bit of an update as well as thank you all for the huge amount of support that I've received.

I wasn't expecting to have so many people respond to my post and am so moved by all of the support, advice and love that I have gotten. wasn't able to personally respond to every single comment that I got, although I very much wanted to, but I did read every one and I'm just beyond grateful for them! It feels amazing knowing that I have such a huge community of amazing people behind me while I embark on this journey of mine. I

I've decided that I'll be heading into the walk-in clinic within the next few days and will inquire about some sort of medication (Ozempic, Mounjaro) as well as inquiring about what is available to me in terms of counselling/therapy. I definitely won't be able to get very far in my weight loss journey without addressing my trauma, binge eating and unhealthy relationship with food.

In terms of my plan towards my eating habits and exercise, I will be going forward with just staying within a calorie deficit (CICO) and intermittent fasting. I think I am going to try and IF every second day, but if anyone has any advice on how to approach IF better I'd be very appreciative! When it comes to exercise, I'll be going on small walks in the evening and heading to the pool whenever I'm able to.

Taking things one day at a time rather than focusing on the whole, has been and will be extremely helpful for me. It has only been a couple of days but I feel extremely motivated and ready to tackle this and I owe so much of it to you all of your kind words and support!

So again, thank you all so very much! I really appreciate everything and will continue to keep you all updated along the way! 😊

submitted by /u/anon_jlm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8P6qk5G

No comments:

Post a Comment