Tuesday, August 8, 2023

80 lbs Loss Journey

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share my journey that started in April 2023.

32 y/o male 198 cm tall. Starting weight 300 lbs, now down to 220. Looking to get down to 200 and then bulk up and build muscle.

Waist circumference before 51 inches

Waist circumference after 37 inches

Before and after pics:

Before:

https://i.imgur.com/TWaqqmf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LxSQMTh.jpg

After (pic from July 29):

https://i.imgur.com/lNAxd2p.jpg

Story:

I woke up one day after having a terrible dream where I dreamt that I died. It was vivid as hell and I woke up shaking. I don’t usually get affected by dreams but this was something else. After 6 years I went to my doctor for blood work and urine. Cholesterol 8, blood pressure 150/90, constant 100 pulse, liver getting fatty with enzymes over 80, slight protein in urine. I was so fat that when my kid asked me to tie her shoelaces I knocked the air out of my lungs when I bent over. Doctor said 10 years of life like this and stroke is imminent.

It was enough, if anything, I’ll do it for my kids.

Started walking 15k steps a day, no sugar AT ALL. This alone dropped me 15 lbs. Started lifting weights and eating whole foods not going over 2000 calories per day, all while walking every day sun or rain. My net diary app kept me accountable as I find it better than MFP by a big margin.

Then I started practicing water fasting twice a week for 36-40 hours. Note that you don’t need to do this but if you do, you will expel all water from your body, bad cells will get recycled, and overall you will develop more appreciation for the food. You can definitely make it without it.

I got my tests back a week ago and cholesterol is normal, BP normal, kidneys are great, pulse always 70 and liver is back to normal too.

I now eat properly 80% of the time but avoid sugar at all costs. Burgers, fries, sushi etc once or twice a week and it’s going good and still down.

Soon I’ll go up to 3000 calories of whole healthy foods with the aim of building muscle and parking myself permanently around healthy 220 lbs.

I had to buy new clothes that fits me better now, went from XXL to L. I got my face back too and my chiseled chin that my wife loved before when I used to be fit.

I am happy!!!

This is to encourage anyone who is in the middle of weight loss, or thinking about doing it, just do it, don’t wait, do it, and you will be thankful that you have. Celebrate each pound lost!

submitted by /u/Dreamrunner150691
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4ZYzLTf

No comments:

Post a Comment