Thursday, August 17, 2023

Are fitness trainers even worth it?

So I've had some success with my own weight loss journey. From 320 to 255lbs it's been slow but the rate is sustainable for me. A few month ago I got a gym membership and did a personal training session were I was kinda pressured into getting a trainer. (At the time I had a few medical issues that that I really wanted to get under control by losing weight). I decided to continue with it for a few months so I can at the very least learn and come up with a training plan for myself. The guy I'm working with over time has began to really frustrate me. He's constantly surprised that I'm not more capable than I am, I'm still very overweight so I know it takes time for me to build up strength and Stamina (and it really only been like 2 months) and his exercise / diet program which he offers through his app all require subscription fees which mind you I'm already paying the gym quite a bit a month for the trainer. Every training session I have with him is something different so there's really no routine it doesn't really feel like I'm learning much of anything and the whole thing feels kind of predatory in my opinion. Either way it definitely feels like I threw my money away and wasted my time.

submitted by /u/DasAlsoMe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7HoANlk

No comments:

Post a Comment