Monday, August 28, 2023

ELI5: How does insulin resistance make weight loss harder?

People often post in this sub about how they're having a tough time losing weight and are having trouble figuring out why. Inevitably, someone suggests insulin resistance could be the problem. But does insulin resistance really make CICO more difficult or complicated? If so, how?

I'm only wondering because my doctor told me I had some insulin resistance. Even after I lost like 25-30 pounds, I still had some insulin resistance, although my numbers had improved (hopefully I won't have any when I get blood work done later this year).

Weight loss has never been especially hard for me, though. Of course, it's hard for everyone. No one likes it. But If I stick to my calorie budget and work out hard 4-6 times a week, I lose about a pound per week. This is pretty much par for the course for a 5'4'' woman.

Would I like to lose weight faster? Sure. However, what I'm trying to say is that I lose at the expected rate, even with insulin resistance.

So I'm just curious: How does insulin resistance make weight loss harder?

submitted by /u/Upbeat-Candle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3OzD2XI

No comments:

Post a Comment