Saturday, August 12, 2023

[Update] Almost a year in my weight loss journey, some questions regarding fat loss

I'm updating this post which is four months old: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12v4oxv/have_i_done_something_wrong/

27M, 6ft.

Long story short: I was 250+ pounds in September 2022, I'm now 188 pounds and I've never felt as good in my life. I started lifting weights four months ago and I'm really enjoying the process. Even when I went on vacation this summer, I still managed to lose two pounds when I came back while still eating everything that I wanted and drinking a lot.

So while everything might look bright, I'm still having concerns regarding my belly pooch and my love handles, which are the things I really hate about my body, but those don't seem to shrink that much. I'm getting worried because i'm nearing my ideal weight (which should be around 170), but I don't really see how losing 15-20 pounds would get rid of all that fat I still carry, it seems like I'd need to lose way more in order to have a flat stomach and no more love handles. I feel that if I go under 170 lbs, I'll lose too much muscle, and i don't want that either since i've been trying to recomp over the past few months.

I know people on the older thread told me to keep on going without worrying too much, and that there is the paper towel effect and all of that, but I'm still not convinced. I've seen other people's weight loss journey and it seems much more coherent and linear compared to mine. My belly and love handles are still way too prominent after a year, and I'm scared it might be due to genetics. Is there anything such as subcutaneous fat that is impossible to lose? Should I consider surgery at some point?

submitted by /u/WazyIX
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/F8qWDtf

No comments:

Post a Comment