Tuesday, August 22, 2023

How can I convince my friend to not try this “cleanse”

So my friend recently sent me a couple of videos on tiktok of a man claiming that he lost “25 pounds in 4 days” and that he can “help you possibly lose more”

I took a look at his page and he is promoting eating nothing but mangoes or watermelon for 30 days straight and claiming he has a detox “plan” to remove parasites and waste from your body.. this possibly can’t be safe, right?

He also claims that drinking water (specifically h20) isn’t healthy because it removes minerals from your body.. I think it’s complete bullshit and I want to prevent anyone from trying this “cleanse” for health reasons.

I’ve tried to explain to them that CICO is an effective way to weight loss as I’ve dropped a good amount of weight over the last 6 months but it just takes time and consistency.

What are some ways this “cleanse” can be harmful to somebody? And even if it does per-say work, I don’t think a drastic weight loss like that can be sustainable.

Hopefully me showing them this thread can convince them or anyone else curious about these types of methods otherwise.

submitted by /u/CantThinkOfAName7797
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RE8IujS

No comments:

Post a Comment