Monday, August 21, 2023

My best friend of 8+ years cut me off from her life because of my weight loss

So we’ve been friends with each other since middle school. It’s always been me and her. Even though she would get toxic and really competitive with me at times, I accepted her and tried to ignore it. We were both overweight and dealing with eating disorders. She would always start those crazy diets which are not sustainable such as avoiding carbs completely, so she would lose weight for like 2 months and then gain it all back and some. She was always either my size or smaller than me. Since I started my weight loss journey, I didn’t rub my success in her face or anything. She would compliment me and I would just say thank you for noticing and that’s it. But I noticed that she is slowly drifting away, answering dryly to my messages and not initiating anything to do. Basically ghosting me. I haven’t met her in 2 months now and mind you we used to meet up at least twice a week. I asked her twice if something happened or if I did something wrong and she just told me that she’s busy. Also she sent me a really dry happy birthday text and didn’t find time to celebrate it with me, said she’s busy and this was before I realized she’s slowly ghosting me so I believed her. I told my mom about this and she said that it must be bugging her that for the first time in our lives I’m the one who’s smaller, and that she’s always been this competitive with me. I understand her being jealous but ffs, I was her best friend, we travelled the world together, did everything together. I went through a really rough patch last year, had to drop out of college and deal with other personal issues and she did stand by me then but why can’t she do the same when I’m finally doing better and taking care of myself? I just think it’s so unfair to drop our 8+ year old friendship like this. But this is a new era in my life and I need to leave the toxic people behind. If she can’t support me when I’m doing good then she’s not a real friend. I am proud of myself and shouldn’t feel bad for becoming healthier.

submitted by /u/52182
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/IJesQ9D

No comments:

Post a Comment