Thursday, August 31, 2023

Am I fucking up my weight loss and fitness goals by getting high as fuck?

I have medical marijuana for an anxiety disorder (it's legal where I live). One side effect that most of us are likely aware of is that getting gives some users - myself included - a big appetite.

Historically, this led to me gaining a couple pounds. Nothing insane, but I tended to get high at night, so I'd end up binging on junk food late at night and then going to sleep. It never led to any substantial weight gain because I only use marijuana when an anxiety attack is coming on, and tend to have those on an average 1-3 a week, with 3+ being very rare and very awful weeks that I thankfully don't experience many of.

However, I've since decided that I want to lose a substantial bit of weight, somewhere around 20-50 pounds, and then keep it off. My diet isn't particularly unhealthy, but I have issues with portion control - it isn't that I have one "cheat" meal a week, it's that that cheat meal tends to be enough to feed three or four people at times.

I can't really cut marijuana out because it helps regulate an otherwise debilitating anxiety disorder. I've gone several months without and while I can still function, I have a few days every month that are severe enough to shut me down. Another issue is that my anxiety makes me overeat (typically worse foods) as well, so getting high and getting the munchies ultimately is "healthier" from a dietary standpoint for me.

To counteract the problem, I've filled my home with healthy snacks. But is this still fucking up my weight loss? Tonight I ate two carrots and an entire head - bushel? stalk? - of celery, as well as a cucumber and some veggie chips. Does eating healthy items like this relatively en masse still translate to weight gain?

submitted by /u/NinnyBoggy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/R2SBEcn

No comments:

Post a Comment