Tuesday, August 15, 2023

How much sodium do you eat a day?

Want to reach the word count, so first paragraph is just some BS back story you can ignore. Hello, I here to talk about sodium. No one cares about sodium because weight loss is all about calories - bloat comes and goes, fat is forever (unless you cut back on those calories). I wonder if this is enough words? I hope so. I’ve never been a big “add salt please” type of person, but I sure do love a good ol’ prepackaged meal, lord knows that has sodium.

I do not count sodium. But my blood pressure has been lower than usual (80s/50s), so I thought “maybe I need more salt.” I looked at my sodium intake, and I actually average about 3,500 mg a day, so that’s clearly not an issue lol. I looked it up, and the typical sodium intake for most Americans 3,400. Got me wondering how true that number was.

So just out of curiosity, what’s your average sodium intake? I know most don’t count this, but your app still should automatically!

(Side note, don’t need medical advice, had my physical last month and all was well! I have always had lower blood pressure/RHR, and my doc says it’s all gravy unless I start experiencing symptoms. It’s just gotten even lower with the weight loss, so that’s what sparked all this).

submitted by /u/science-and-bullsht
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7Hrzymg

No comments:

Post a Comment