Friday, August 11, 2023

I'm a bit lost as to what I should be doing when it comes to weight loss

I(23F)started my weight loss journey with my boyfriend just about a month ago. We don't live together so I'll just share what I've been doing(until this week): I did IF for almost a month(16:8) but with my work days, the scheduled eating times I set for myself weren't working then my boyfriend and I tend to go get breakfast at like 11 so I have to reconsider IF in the mean time. Other than that, I've increased my protein intake the best way I can since I don't eat meat,cut out all sugary drinks and hardly ever eat any real sweets. Along with that, I've also been eating fruits and vegetables WAY more than I used to. All under a 1500 calorie deficit and that's usually manageable(Max being 1600). And we usually go to the gym 2 times a week so far given our schedules but I might aim for 4 starting this week. Overall,I've lost about 20 pounds in just 3 weeks but I feel like I need to do more. I currently weigh about 246, and my goal is 150 and I'm aiming for a lean body.

But here is where I am a bit puzzled: Should I strength train in order to lose fat and pair it with a calorie deficit as well? I just need clarification on how the fat loss and muscle increase works and if pairing strength training with my daily calorie intake would be ideal. Or alternatively, what should I do differently in order to achieve my goal?

CW:246 lbs GW:150 lbs Height: 5'0 ft

Please help!

submitted by /u/Some-Presence-8314
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kGqVo18

No comments:

Post a Comment