Sunday, August 13, 2023

Help me stop being so anxious about joining/going to a gym

I realise to a lot of people this will sound ridiculous but I’m a VERY heavily tattooed woman (face neck chin throat chest etc etc whole body really) I’m 5ft 9 and hourglass shaped, but I need to lose 30 pounds following some steroid courses for medical reasons.

My mental health is also in the toilet right now. I’m super perimenopausal and just unfit.

Going to the gym is fine, Im happy by myself, but I’m so so so not okay with the fucking stares, the inappropriate comments, the attempts at striking up a conversation about my “ink”

I haven’t been for a few years now, because it just got too much.

I know a lot of people will say “just tell them to get lost” but usually that’s guys telling us to do that, and the reality is, men often don’t react well to being told to get lost. It becomes a personal safety issue.

Any help. Tips, suggestions anything I’m open to, and please, tell me how much better I’ll feel and how much it’ll support my weight loss/bone health etc šŸ˜ž

submitted by /u/Midsizereject
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nRsAlmF

No comments:

Post a Comment