Saturday, August 12, 2023

Starting out with calorie counting, is 20.5lbs in a month too fast?

For some context I started my weight loss journey at 5ft 6 and 275 pounds, a woman and turning 30 next month.

When pregnant with my most recent baby I developed gestational diabetes, and type 2 diabetes runs in my family. Now things are settled at home I decided to give my health a real kick up the ass and finally sort myself out for my kids.

Did a little research on calorie deficits and sacked off all the fad diets and do it properly this time.. but people have told me im losing too much too fast, the last thing I want to do is cause some other kind of issue for myself, I'm happy for it to take a long time as long as I'm heading in the right direction.

I went on an online deficit calculator and it told me to start at 1750 calories a day and reduce this as I lose more weight.

In my first week I lost 6.5lbs and every week since (4 more weeks) ive lost 3-4ish pounds, at 20.5lbs in total.

I'm a mum to 2 young kids so for the first 2-3 weeks my activity levels were just looking after them. Then recently I started a workout routine, doing 3 x 30min low intensity cardio sessions, one full body weight training session and one leg day a week (this isnt a lot to some people, but this is the first time in my adult life I've worked out so trying to ease into it).

Im assuming that my losses will slow down fairly soon, but am I doing something wrong like people are saying, or is this good progess for someone as overweight as me just starting out?

Thank you for any help :)

submitted by /u/Xcheryl22x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7xFbHyX

No comments:

Post a Comment