Thursday, August 10, 2023

I WAS feeling good about my twenty pound weight loss

For context I take a medication that causes hunger and weight gain. I’ve been bigger my whole life but at the beginning of this year I was at my heaviest. 308 pounds. I was wearing a 3xl shirt and size 42 jeans. So, I quit drinking alcohol, and soda. Almost never go out to eat, and gave up processed sugar altogether. In June I started working with a health coach through my medical insurance. Now I measure all my food and track calories in and out. I’ve started walking three times a week as well.

Well as of last Saturday I was at 287. I can fit my 2xl shirts again. My jeans are loose on me. I’ve been feeling really good and also feeling inspired to keep going.

So today I was walking to the store to get a sparkling water as a treat on my break at work. As I’m crossing the street a car drives by and the passenger yells “hey fat ass!”. Let me tell you my high on life feeling came crashing down. I got my water and slowly walked back to work. I dwelled on it for a while, feeling bad.

About an hour later I decided not to let it get to me. I knew I had to get stuff for meals for my family and myself for the next couple days, so I made out a list. When I left work I stopped by the store and got only things on the list. When I got home I weighed and portioned my snack for the next few days and made a big instant pot of steel cut outs to meal prep breakfast for the next week.

I stopped feeling sorry for my self and I feel empowered, at least at this moment. I’m not sure of the purpose of this post. It’s my first one here but I’ve been lurking for a while. I hope I can encourage someone else to keep doing good as well.

submitted by /u/Baboso82
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/l9vZ5yM

No comments:

Post a Comment