Thursday, August 24, 2023

After 3 months of hard work and struggling I’ve finally got to a point where people are starting to mention my weight loss and it’s so motivating. Wanted to share my story so far.

So I started at 265 lbs(120kg) and I’m 5’10”(178cm). I felt horrible about myself and always tried pretty hard to resist the weight gain.

I was at a normal healthy weight 15 years ago when I started a medication called lyrica. I went from 170 to 265 over those 15 years. The medicine just made me very hungry. I never felt full until I felt sick from over eating. It’s not the best excuse but it was a struggle while on this medicine. It also made it hard to resist temptations and made it easy to be happy without caring about what happens in the future.

3 months ago I came off the medicine. I lost a few pounds over the first few weeks but I have some pretty bad back issues so I need to lose it quickly. It’s keeping me from being able to function at work and from being able to be a good father and husband.

A little over 2 months ago I had gone from 265 to 260 in about 3 weeks. That wasn’t enough so I decided to kick it up. I started hiking every day and swimming for an hour or two every day. At first I couldn’t hike a mile but now I’m up to 3 and could possibly go more. Adding in this exercise and simply eating less from stopping the medicine really helped me lose some weight for the next month. I went from 260 to 249. That was great but I wanted more so I started eating really clean fresh healthy foods. The next month I went from 249 to 234.

The whole time I didn’t notice any changes in myself and no one mentioned anything until a few days ago. I did notice that my clothes were starting to get significantly more loose but that was the only change I noticed.

I only work twice a week currently and I’ve been wearing my 3x shirts at work until my shift last night. Last night I threw on a 2x shirt that I hadn’t been able to wear for years. It fit nicely and was even slightly loose on me. The coworkers noticed and all started complimenting me. This morning my mother and sister both wanted to go on a hike with me and I hadn’t seen them for a month or so. As soon as I got there they were stunned. They couldn’t believe how good I looked compared to before.

It feels really good to have people notice because I am struggling to notice it myself. However, people are starting to talk. My sister told my brother in law about it and he called me and mentioned it and said he was proud. That makes me feel a little uncomfortable because I am still quite large. I have a long way to go. 234 now but still 50-60 pounds off my goal weight.

I don’t know why I’m sharing this, I just wanted to share with some people who might know where I’m coming from and the struggles.

I’m worried that the weight loss will really start slowing down. I’m pushing as hard as I can right now and if it does slow down I’m worried I won’t be able to push harder.

All I can do is try my hardest so I do take comfort in that thought.

I hope I’ll start to see it soon and stop hating looking at myself in the mirror or pictures. I post here a while ago saying I was 20 pounds down and didn’t notice and you guys recommended I take pictures of myself. I did that, so I’m about to go take another picture and see if there is any difference in the 15 pounds.

I hope you are all doing well and have the motivation you need to get to where you want to be. I’ll check back in at 50 pounds lost and share any new thoughts or developments. I love reading all your success stories and struggles as well. I don’t like seeing anyone struggle but I can relate to a lot of the struggles so it actually helps me too.

Take care everyone. Thanks for the support and love. This truly is a special group.

submitted by /u/Cmss220
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gXkBsYP

No comments:

Post a Comment