Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Has anyone found that protein shakes caused them to stall?

A brief history: I peaked at about 280 around 2.5years ago, but I was pretty steadily 250 for the last 4 years or so. I lost the 30lbs with portion control, working with a dietician, but her method was painfully slow, so I jumped on Ozempic bandwagon early last year and I lost 15lbs but then fell into a depressive episode and jumped back to 250, but the ozempic helped me stay at 250. Once out, not finding the max 2.4mg dose of ozempic/wegovy helpful, I found out about Moujaro and then the miracles happened. I went from 250 about 7 months ago, to 178 today. I was probably only eating 800/900 calories a day tops. 260 calories for breakfast, and the 600 or so calories for dinner. I always tried make dinner a protein, but I could feel that I was losing muscle, and I was able with a Dexa scan, showing that I could've lost up to 10lbs of muscle during this journey. Knowing that I wasn't eating nearly enough protein, especially for such a deficit, I cut 160 calories out of breakfast and replaced it with a low carb protein shake (30g) (so still 160 of oatmeal and 160 of protein shake), and then I would have another protein shake as either a snack, or after I worked out (started doing pilates about 3 weeks ago). I still kept dinner protein heavy, and around 600 or less, So I was hopefully getting 90-100g of protein. My lean body mass is 115lbs so I thought close enough.

My weight loss got really slow about 2.5 months ago. I started with the protein shakes 1.5 months ago and ever since then it's pretty much been a complete stall. I fluctuate between 182 and 178. That's it. I also have noticed that I'm sleeping way more. I have less energy.

I'm still on the Mounjaro 15mg.

What can I do to push/break this stall. I thought starting to workout would help but it hasn't made a difference. I do pilates like 3-4 times a week. I don't keep any snack food at home so it can't really be that. I've cheated here and there, but again, not enough to cause this. No different than a cheat day here and there when the pounds were melting off. The mounjaro still works, it still makes me full pretty darn fast. I've been on it about a year now. I know people eventually plateau, but I'm at a caloric deficit, I should still be losing weight.

I would appreciate any advice/help.

submitted by /u/jlesnick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SzLMho4

No comments:

Post a Comment