Sunday, August 13, 2023

I've never been skinny, how can I convince myself that it is possible for me? Many failed attempts.

After many failed attempts at weight loss, I'm starting to think it's not possible for me to be skinny. To be honest, I know that I cave in every few days or that I add extra calories after a stressful day at work. But I've been trying to lose weight for two years, intermittent fasting and choosing better foods as much as I can. Over the two years of trying to lose weight, my weight has slowly crept up 20 lbs, occasionally dropping 6 - 10 lbs only to gain it back.

I was never skinny and my parents were never skinny. I don't want to make excuses / limit my beliefs, but there's a part of me that now thinks it's just not possible for me. I really do want to drop weight to to improve athletic performance and to look better / gain confidence.

I occasionally look at the stories of others on IG, it gives me a temporary belief, but those videos are usually linked to people who went full-time into fitness and made it their thing.

submitted by /u/GarudaRising
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SIroBYc

No comments:

Post a Comment