Wednesday, August 9, 2023

How did you lose your weight when your partner brought home all the foods you find irresistible?

I was steadily losing weight, maintaining 2lbs a week. I was so proud of myself at my first 10lbs! Then my husband brought home a big bag of my favourite chips. Then a couple days later bought a box of chocolate bars being excited that it cost him 2 bucks. This kind of thing happened every time I was proud of losing the weight loss. I stopped talking about it, and then he started making super calorie rich foods that are delicious. Then I broke my foot, and have completely fallen off the rails, and suddenly the "thoughful treats" stopped coming.

I know, I know, take responsibility, blah blah blah. But I could really use some tricks to help me stay on track. What did you do?

I'm all healed up and just struggling to find the motivation to start dieting again.

I've tried talking with him about it many times over the years, and he will not get on the same page. I accept him at his weight, and love him regardless. But I really wish he would help me rather than hinder me.

submitted by /u/alabardios
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dqSji8h

No comments:

Post a Comment