Monday, August 28, 2023

Will I have loose skin after weight loss? Trying for 255-190, 29 year old male. 6 foot tall.

I'm 29 years old, and 6 foot flat. I weight 255 pounds currently and would like to get down to around 190 pounds. I'm planning on going to the gym near daily for the walking/cycling/rowing machines and build a little bit of muscle on (mainly) my upper body, no goals of getting ripped/6pack etc though. On top of that I'm also counting my calories and eating around 1700-1900 a day.

Can I expect to have loose skin when finished? I just started trying to lose weight 4 days ago, and have lost quite a bit already, I guess it's water weight and largely the big change in diet, but I plan on strictly following this for the next few months.

When I was 24 I was overweight as well and weighed 228 pounds and I got down to around 195-190 pounds in the span of about 2 months and held that for a couple of years. I had no loose skin whatsoever, however this time I'm weighing nearly 30 pounds more and need to lose 30 more pounds than last time, which worries me a little bit. I'm also a little older, but I'm pretty much following the same diet and exercise program as I did back then. I've been gaining especially much weight the last 2 years or so. Basically two years ago I wasn't nearly as heavy as I am now. I'd guess I was around 215 pounds or so.

So! Can I expect to have loose skin once I'm done?

Edit: A small add. I'd like to add that my fat is semi-well distributed, and I don't look as heavy as other people my weight.

submitted by /u/Key_Butterscotch6482
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Dqrblc7

No comments:

Post a Comment