Wednesday, August 23, 2023

People do NOT treat me differently after losing weight

Hi, I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but I am too embarassed to talk to my friends about this and I have to let it out. A year ago, I decided to turn my life around and start doing it by getting fit. I was 200 lbs before and I came all the way down to 150 (I'm 5'10 btw). Starting out, I was very excited because I read all these stories about formerly overweight people who lost weight and were suddenly treated much better by other people and started getting attention from the opposite sex. Well, it's been almost a year since I lost weight but none of that happened to me. People don't treat me any differently and my dating life is exactly the same as before (nonexistent). I literally never had a single woman show any interest in me (romantic or sexual), not even in the form of flirting or dropping hints, in my entire life. I thought losing weight would change that but it didn't. And I did more than just lose weight, by the way. I dress better now, I improved my social skills, I have a large social circle, lots of female friends, I attend various events etc. I even dealt with most of my insecurities and am much more confident now. And yet... nothing changes. I know being healthy should be the primary motivation for weight loss, but let's admit that a lot of us are also doing this for the social benefits we think we'll get. Let's not kid ourselves and pretend like most of us didn't start this journey with the hope that we would be more desirable to the opposite sex.

Anyway, I would like to hear more stories from people like me, people who were sold the dream that their lives would change forever once they lost weight, only to realize that it's all a lie.

submitted by /u/Alternative_Ad_6670
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RmDagLH

No comments:

Post a Comment