Thursday, August 17, 2023

Losing inches, not lbs

I started my weight loss journey Aug 1st of this year, so it’s been a little under 3 weeks now. I’m looking to lose around 75lbs… I’m hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, three days of weights, two days of HIIT/cardio. I’m in a 500-700 cal deficit, eating 100g+ protein a day, limiting carbs & sugar, and drinking 1.5-2L of water daily.

Physically and mentally, I feel better than I have in a really long time. I find I’m moving easier, my resting heart rate has dropped from 72 to 63, I’ve got more energy. I’ve also noticed that I’ve been losing inches around my entire body. Shirts that were tight-fitting are becoming baggier, jeans are less snug, the sleeves of my shirts are loose. I’m loving the differences that are happening.

My issue? I’ve gained a lb. This might be muscle, might be water weight, but whatever it is - why?? I know it’s only been three weeks, but the number staying the same/going up is making me feel discouraged. I also know the scale isn’t the most important indicator of changes, but it still sucks to see no movement. I have a lot of weight to lose - when can I expect to start seeing the number go down?

Any advice/tips/encouragement is appreciated :)

submitted by /u/ookamidee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Uiqh0RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment