Tuesday, August 15, 2023

My Weight Loss Journey: Struggling at 21 Stone 10, Seeking Advice

Morning all,

Back in 2016, after the birth of our second child, I managed to shed an impressive 8 stone, going from 23 stone to 15 stone. However, I must admit that the allure of cake shared with my wife led to me gradually regaining the weight. After all, a happy life called for cake, right? 😂

Presently, I find myself at 21 stone 10 and facing considerable difficulty in shedding the pounds again. During my previous weight loss journey, I employed an approach of extremely low calories, following the OMAD (One Meal a Day) pattern, and working out every night, resulting in successful weight loss.

This time around, I've adopted a different strategy. I practice fasting until 1pm, consuming only water and black coffee throughout the morning. At lunchtime, which coincides with my work break, I opt for a salad, a tin of tuna, and a banana. For dinner, I'm not strictly adhering to a diet but instead focusing on portion control while enjoying a variety of foods.

Despite these efforts, it's frustrating to notice that the scale registers a drop and then quickly reverts back. I'm fully aware that my current routine isn't enough to maintain a weight close to 22 stone, yet the cycle persists.

I'm confident that I can overcome this challenge, considering how easy it was during my previous attempt. However, I'm growing a bit frustrated. I'm hesitant to eliminate my lunch and revert back to the OMAD approach, as I genuinely want to find a sustainable and balanced way to shed the weight this time.

TL;DR: After losing 8 stone following the birth of my second child, I gained weight due to enjoying treats. I'm currently at 21 stone 10 and struggling to replicate my earlier success. I used to do OMAD with intense workouts, but now I'm fasting until 1pm, having a balanced lunch, and focusing on portion control for dinner. The scale shows temporary drops, only to bounce back. Seeking advice and trying to avoid going back to OMAD.

submitted by /u/Droid1xy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rn3PpbC

No comments:

Post a Comment