Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Petty but proud

Two years ago, I started a weight loss program. We’re a small group of 8 people and a dietitian to guide us. We have meeting once every 3-4 months and there’s a group chat. The dietitian teaches about healthy food, but also lifestyle, exercise and coping with stress and other mental issues. If I’m honest, I didn’t learn anything new, but I was nice to have some kind of accountability and the support of people who know the struggle.

Over the last two years, a lot has happened in my life. I wrote my thesis, I’m trying to get my career to start and of course COVID happened. My weight loss journey has had its up’s and downs. Sometimes there was no change for months and other periods I was doing really well. Nevertheless, I’ve lost nearly 20 kg in two years! It’s incredibly petty, but I’m the only one in the group who has any real, lasting succes. Of course I wish everyone the best and I don’t want to gloat, but I kinda like showing it off. I’m definitely not judging them, because I know how hard it is and I’ve struggled with this too.

Our last group meeting is this Thursday, so in two days. I’ve been doing really well lately with exercise and I’m feeling great about it. I’ve lost size lately, but according to the scale I didn’t lose any weight. Yesterday I started tracking everything I eat and drink to cut down on calories, hoping I’ll actually start losing again because I still have about 20 kg to go.

I just ordered new pants in a smaller size and I really really hope I can wear them to that last meeting. 🤞

submitted by /u/DutchieCrochet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/V3hTOrU

No comments:

Post a Comment